Wednesday, April 4, 2007

"art by leo"

What makes me tick? An intro...


I was born in a small village on the South Shore of Nova Scotia during the early 1950's. From the time I could hold a blunt object I was drawing on everything, everywhere! There was never a time in my life when I did not want to be an artist. However, when I realized that going to art college was out of the question, I quit school, and left the pencils behind.


Thirty-five years and dozens of hobbies later, I returned to the pencil with the intent of "illustrating" a book I had written. The first scratch I made on paper reawakened my love of drawing. I will eventually illustrate the book I wrote, thus acheiving my goal.

1 comment:

American RVer said...

Hi Linda. I hope you are doing well now that the season is over. We had such a wonderful time in Lunenberg. Thank you for all the tips and conversations about the area and your family roots. We are now back in the US in New York state. It is beautiful as well.

I enjoyed looking at your drawings. Good luck as you illustrate your book. If I can help you, let me know. Peggy Grich (from North Carolina)